Macka B [roots/ragga - UK/Jamaica]
GENRE : Roots, Ragga
Macka B is a British-born reggae artist, performer and activist with a career spanning thirty years in the United Kingdom and Jamaica. According to AllMusic.com “Macka B was one of Britain’s most influential dancehall toasters.”
As a practising Rastafarian, Macka B‘s music is based around the political and spiritual message of the religion, with an often light and humorous touch. Working with the Mad Professor, he combineddancehall and dub styles of reggae, although has avoided a more commercial crossover approach. He takes his name from the Judean rebels against the Greeks, the Maccabees.
Macka B “ the Teacher ” is well known for his social commentary and Conscious lyrics, a Rastaman with compassion a real man for the people.
Over two decades Macka B has released over 15 albums and travelled worldwide always keeping true to his principles and faith. Starting off on sound systems in Wolverhampton England Macka B has become one of the most respected Reggae artists in the circuit and he has toured all over the world.
He has performed alongside artists such as Burning Spear, U-Roy, The Wailers, Gregory Issacs, Bunny Wailer, Mad Professor, Beenieman, Buju Bantan, Kool and the Gang, Pato Bantan Bone thugs and Harmony, Mighty Diamonds, Freddie McGregor, Anthony B, Horace Andy, Capleton, Twinkle Brothers, Baba Maal, Sinsemilla, Lee Perry, Culture, Gladiators and many more. Macka B has recorded songs in England, Jamaica, America and Europe.
He has recorded most of his albums with the Ariwa Label in London with Mad Professor.
Macka B has also recorded for Fashion Records, Jet Star, Humal Records, Island Records, Salamta Records, Stingray and a few other UK labels.
In Jamaica Macka B has recorded for Xterminator, Penthouse and the Black Scorpio Label.
Macka B continues to spread consciousness and break down the barriers!
- Sign of the Times - Ariwa, 1986
- We’ve Had Enough - Ariwa, 1987
- Looks Are Deceiving - RAS, 1988
- Natural Suntan - Ariwa, 1990
- Peace Cup - Ariwa, 1991
- Roots Ragga (live) – Fotofon/Ar, 1992
- Jamaica, No Problem - RAS, 1992
- Roots Ragga (live) – Ariwa, 1993
- Here Comes Trouble - Ariwa, 1994
- Discrimination - Ariwa, 1995
- Hold on to Your Culture - Ariwa, 1995
- Suspicious - Ariwa, 1998
- Roots & Culture - Ariwa, 1999
- Global Messenger - Ariwa, 2000
- Roots Ragga, Vol. 2 - Ariwa, 2002
- By Royal Command - Jet Star, 2003
- Word, Sound & Power - Charm, 2004
- Who Likes Macka B Music? - Pony Canyon, 2005
- Live Tour 2007
- More Knowledge - Humal Records, 2008
- Change The World – Chinelo Records, 2012
- Rasta Soldiers – Necessary Mayhem, 2012
- Never Played A 45 – Peckings Records, 2015
Enquiries : firstname.lastname@example.org